Protect your shoreline property using polyurethane foam to stop erosion on seawalls & bulkheads in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC along the waterfront of the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries.
Our Seawall Repair and Rehabilitation Services Are a Fast and Cost-Effective Solution for Avoiding Seawall or Bulkhead Replacement.
Seawalls can be compromised in a variety of ways, but one of the most frequent issues is from the loss of support soils from behind the seawall or bulkhead. When base soils are washed out by continuous water movement, voids begin to develop below the seawall and can lead to further problems, such as sinkholes or settlement of the soils along the seawall.
The professionals at Concrete Slab Jacking have helped keep residential and commercial property along the coastline safe with bulkhead / seawall repair in Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. Since 1994, our team has been using the latest equipment and materials to provide high-quality services to our customers. Using an environmentally friendly, high-density geotechnical expanding foam, we can restore the stability of your seawall to better protect your land. Understanding the warning signs that your bulkhead is beginning to fail is a critical first step to prevent future water damage. Our friendly and knowledgeable consultants are available to provide an accurate and honest assessment of your seawall or bulkhead. Schedule your service today.
What Is the Seawall Repair Process?
As the area’s leader for seawall repair, our expert technicians utilize the latest tools, equipment, and techniques to help improve the stability and function of your seawall to better protect your property.
Our polymer deep injection seawall repair process solves the issue of soil loss and soil settlement from the behind a seawall or bulkhead. We repair this problem by injecting a high-density structural polymer directly into the void area through 1/2 inch metal rods without excavating the soil or damaging the seawall or bulkhead.
Once injected, the polymers aggressively seek out the voids and push out any present water. The polymer expands throughout the voids and reestablishes the weight-bearing capacity of the soil while preventing future washout. Additionally, if any structures have settled along the seawall, it is possible for the structure to be lifted and leveled back to original grade.
Our polymer injection process helps owners avoid the costly hassle of dealing with coastal marine contractors, bulkhead construction, bulkhead replacement or seawall replacement. Our process works with all types of materials and designs, including wooden bulkheads, metal bulkheads, Concrete bulkheads, wooden seawalls, concrete seawalls and metal seawalls.
What Are the Signs I Need Seawall or Bulkhead Repair?
Your seawall is responsible for providing safety against waves and to prevent coastal erosion. When it fails, it can cause significant damage to structures along the coastline and lead to more frequent and severe flooding. You can expect your seawall to last over 50 years if properly maintained. However, your seawall may fail in as little as 20 years if neglected. If you own property along the coast, it’s crucial you have your bulkhead or seawall routinely inspected by a professional to ensure it’s still structurally sound. Some of the most common signs that landowners should look out for include the following:
- Sunken Seawall – Erosion and sinkholes can cause your seawall to crack or collapse. Ignoring the problems with your seawall will only lead to more significant issues.
- Cracks in the Seawall – Waves cause continual stress along your seawall. Over time, constant pressure leads to cracks, exposing your seawall and home to further damage.
- Soil Instability – Water can erode the soil underneath your seawall, leading to sinkholes. When the sinkhole collapses, it causes soil instability that may affect the structural integrity of your seawall.
- Recent Storm – While your seawall may not show any signs of damage after a large storm, a skilled and trained professional can provide a comprehensive assessment to ensure your seawall is still structurally sound.
What Are the Benefits of Using Polyurethane for Seawall Repair?
At Concrete Slab Jacking, we use a powerful high-density polyurethane foam to restore the form and function of your seawall. We’ll provide an honest assessment of your property’s seawall. As one of the area’s leading seawall repair companies, we have helped countless home and business owners protect their property with our comprehensive seawall repair services. We’re committed to providing you with an exceptional experience and peace of mind. Learn about the benefits of our seawall repair services:
- Affordable – Using polyurethane foam to level and repair your seawall is a more affordable solution than replacement.
- Effective – Minimally Invasive, No Excavation Repairs. Our Polymer injection application doesn’t require excavation or trenching, allowing for minimal impact to your structure. Our footprint is minimal.
- Safe – Our team uses an environmentally friendly HMI polyurethane foam made from recycled materials rated for contact with drinkable water.
- Quick – Polyurethane foam cures quickly, and your seawall will be prepared to withstand whatever mother nature throws its way instantly.
- Value – If you’re trying to sell your waterfront home, a damaged or deteriorating bulkhead may be a significant red flag for potential buyers. Restabilizing it with our polyurethane foam helps increase your home’s value.
Discover Why More People Choose Us for Seawall Rehabilitation and Bulkhead Repair
Concrete Slab Jacking is the local leader that property owners along the Chesapeake Bay trust for a wide variety of concrete leveling and repair services, including bulkhead / seawall repair, pool deck leveling, interior slab leveling, concrete sidewalk lifting, and much more. As a family-owned company local to the area, we take great pride in helping to restore the beauty, safety, and function of homes and businesses throughout the region. Our team uses the latest innovative industry technology to provide high-quality and long-lasting solutions for all your commercial and residential concrete repair needs. Schedule your service today to get started.